I'm Back in NY!

As some of you know, I was back in the bay area Thursday through Monday for a Game. It was fun. That's all I'll say about that under my policy of what I can and can't talk about in this blog. If I missed seeing you while I was in town, I'm sorry; I was really quite busy.

I actually have two blog posts (with pictures) on my laptop that I wrote (on the plane on Thursday) about the beginning of last week that I haven't had a chance to upload yet. I'll do that tonight.

The plane flights -nice and direct- were fine, though a little boring. On the way out I watched a hokey but cute movie that could best be described as "cowboy invited to middle east horse race." On the way back I'd forgotten to bring a book, so I was bored. And fidgety and somewhat uncomfortable, partially because the excessively large women on my right overflowed her seat. Glucose issue? Anyway, the trip back wasn't all bad. I watched Jersey Girl and was pleasantly surprised; I didn't think Kevin Smith would be able to make a good meaningful non-comedy. And then I watched a lot of the only two other stations that were worthwhile and so saw a documentary about lions hunting elephants, a documentary about the social life (read mating) of the long-nosed monkeys of Borneo, a documentary about the Sydney-Hobart yacht race, and a documentary about the evidence for and against a large monster in a lake in the midwest.

(Meta comment: I'm glad my blog does seem to reflect me.)

Ran into a Google friend of mine on the way back that was also coming back from the Game, and so gossiped a lot, and split a cab into Manhattan. Very convenient. Especially since it was really pouring.

No comments: