Boston and New England: Saturday: Flying

My plane flight to Boston was fairly unremarkable. As my plane boarded and landed around the same time as on my last trip to Boston (1:30pm, 10:30pm), I decided to try the same eating strategy: a bowl for soup for lunch from the San Francisco Soup Company, and a sandwich for dinner around 8:30pm via take-out from Boudin Bakery.

My Mexican chicken tortilla soup was thicker and more opaque than I expected. As the person was serving my soup, another woman asked me, "What is that?" I replied, "It's supposedly chicken tortilla." It was marked low fat, a fact I found surprising until I realized they just add the fat on top later (tortilla chips, shredded cheese). In any case, it was fairly good. Sadly, it lacked avocado.

My sandwich, a turkey and avocado on croissant, wasn't very good, much worse than my previous trip's sandwich. This one was mostly sliced turkey without much avocado and hence was quite dry. I miss Stuffed Inn, the sandwich joint in Berkeley that makes great turkey and avocado sandwiches.

The rest of the day was also uneventful. In the morning, I found myself trying to find ways to kill time until it was time to catch the bus to the airport. It's sad when you're bored before you board the plane because it implies future boredom to come.

No comments: