Austin: Friday: Arrival

Getting to Austin was pretty simple, though it took a while. My only real complaint is that I didn't get a chance to eat dinner because Southwest doesn't sell food and none of my layovers were long enough.

I took one picture relating to my travel.

Upon landing at 11pm, a warm and humid evening greeted me. I picked up my luggage and waited in the line to pick up my rental car. It took over an hour to get my car! I'd booked with Hertz because it was open past midnight, later than all the other companies. My plane, however, landed on time so I didn't need this safety hatch. I guess other people booked at this time of night with Hertz for similar reasons. (No other car company had lines.) While I waited, I chatted with the Texas-based software engineer in line behind me.

Finally, I checked into the hotel where I'd be staying for the trip. It turned out to be a reasonably nice hotel. The water in the sink and shower may have been soft, but I'd actually call it slick. It took a little getting used to. Nevertheless, I'd stay there again. In unrelated news, I was surprised to find a treadmill in my room.

No comments: