Chicago: Friday: Grandma Day

Di Yin was presenting at the conference, so I had the day to myself. I took the opportunity and rented a car to drive out to the northwest suburbs to visit my grandmother. (Chicago's public transit system in the suburbs, like most cities, is pretty bad.) I got to spend a good six or so hours with her. We talked (her more than me, naturally). I did a few tasks around her condo. We had lunch at Hackney's in Wheeling, where I had a traditional reuben (mmmmmm), some industrial/standardized fries, and a tiny bowl of coleslaw. Given that it was (pleasant) family time, I don't have anything to say.

I took only two pictures this day.

Di Yin and I had dinner of leftovers in our room (Indian food, the mochi stir-fry we brought from New York), along with fruit we picked up at an Indian market the day before, as well as wine we picked up two days before from Trader Joe's. The wine, a Barefoot Winery Zinfandel, paired surprisingly well with the blood oranges from the market.

No comments: