Aug 22: Getting to Edinburgh

My flights to Edinburgh were uneventful. I awoke before dawn to take an early flight from San Francisco to Newark. The only comment I want to make about this flight is that the baggage labels Continental Airlines provides has a list of reminders, one of which is, perplexingly, to lock your luggage. (The airline and the TSA require that all luggage be unlocked.)

In the Newark airport (where I transferred), I killed time by browsing the Met and the Smithsonian stores. In the latter, I found and read chapters of an interesting history book, How the States Got Their Shapes, about political disputes, surveying mistakes, and more.

I tried my darndest to sleep on my red-eye flight from Newark to Edinburgh. I constructed an elaborate head-dress to keep light out. My seatmate also helped! For example, she picked up my pillow for me when I dropped it so I didn't have to take off my mask. As another example, she saved me breakfast so I could eat it when I woke up. What a nice woman.

By the way, Continental Airlines's video entertainment selections are much better than American Airlines's.

No comments: