London: Aug 25: British Museum Part 2

On Tuesday, August 25, 2009, once again a regular workday in London, I continued my pattern of disappearing for a few hours by returning to the British Museum. I saw almost the rest of the museum (see first visit); comments on what I saw and thought on this visit are in the pictures.

In the evening, I met Di Yin, one of her friends, and a friend of that friend, and we went to dinner at a restaurant on Brick Lane (Shampan II) with mediocre food and horrible service. Even discounting that the restaurant wasn't particularly good, I think I'm gradually learning I don't like Bangladeshi food. We also stopped by a famous bagel bakery, Beigel Bake, which does business 24/7, and watched them twist bagels and stir a vat of bagels in boiling water in the back. The shop also bakes its own bread (allegedly good) and pastries (probably not good).

No comments: