London: Aug 29: Being A Homebody

On Saturday morning, August 29, 2009, Di Yin and I went jogging in Wimbledon Common/Putney Common. It was a beautiful day with big, puffy clouds. The Common is a large pleasant space: a combination of forests, fields of straw-grass, wildflowers, a lake, and a windmill.

Later, I returned to Wimbledon Common with a tupperware and picked blackberries. I gathered blackberries from three different patches in the Common to hedge (hehe) my bets.

For lunch, we walked down to the Southfields tube. On the way I took a few pictures of the vicinity as I realized I didn't take any pictures of my neighborhood when I wandered around the previous day. Incidentally, Di Yin also took seven pictures of our neighborhood. The link goes to the first picture in the sequence; when you see a picture of me with my android phone, you've reached the end. The later pictures are not relevant to this post; I'll link to them in other posts.

We got lunch from the French deli, Chanteroy, that I spotted the previous day. I had a good ham & brie sandwich (naturally, on baguette), though I think I might've liked Di Yin's ham & emmental sandwich more. (Emmental is a mild, hard cheese in the Swiss family.) We also had the blackberries; these were of course a mixed bag: some plump and ripe, others ripe yet pleasingly tart, and others still maturing. None were bad; all were just a reflection of the changes berries undergo in their lives. In less exciting news, I finished the meal with a plum, leftover sweet brown cheese from Undredal (Norway) on baguette, and a few bites of something labeled a chocolate croissant but was really chocolate bread. (Nevertheless, it was good).

In the evening we cooked dinner at home, a fact I mention because I wish to record that we had a good ginger beer made by Fentimans.

No comments: