Hong Kong: Mar 12: Arrival

An event I've never seen before occurred on my way to Hong Kong. My 5:30pm flight was delayed one hour and forty minutes. Because this overlapped dinner time, the desk agent had all the passengers line up to receive their dinner trays. Everyone ate his or her airline dinner while still in the airport. Funky.

Nevertheless, we were also served a meal on the plane. Although the sides aren't worth mentioning, the entree was a pretty good mapo tofu, quite a contrast to the mediocre dinner we got in the airport.

In worse news, my plane was delayed another thirty minutes after I boarded it. I'm beginning to learn China Eastern (MU) flights are frequently delayed. Maybe I should plan for it.

After landing and a long shuttle ride through the border crossings, I made it to our hotel, the fancy Peninsula Hong Kong, around midnight. As I discovered when I awoke the next day, the bathroom is entirely marble and there's a television (and radio) built into the bathtub. My goodness!

Di Yin took some pictures of the hotel (the following day, but I figure they're appropriate to link to now). The link goes to the first relevant picture (picture #1) in her Hong Kong album. When you come to a picture of breakfast in the hotel lobby (picture #9), you're done with most of the hotel pictures. Here are three more: 1, 2, 3. I'll link to the rest of her pictures in later posts.

No comments: