Shanghai Expat: April 2010: Botanic Garden

On Saturday, April 17, 2010, I took advantage of an unusually nice day to visit the Shanghai Botanical Garden. I wasn't alone: the park was crowded, there was traffic control near the park itself, and the bus to the park from my apartment hit a lot of traffic and took almost an hour. (The return ride was only half an hour.)

The botanic gardens are nice, and a good number of streams and lakes make it more picturesque than most. Judging from the crowd, it's clearly a date and family destination. It's also a large space: I spent more than two hours there before I got satiated with it, but had seen only half of it at that point (though I'd at least visited the main conservatory). Some of the gardens were still under construction -- they hadn't moved the plants in yet (probably because it's still sometimes cold in Shanghai). Also, a flower show was going on this month at the gardens; I only made it to that part of the park on my way out, glancing briefly at it as I passed.

I took pictures on this excursion.

No comments: