Redwood City Indian Family Day

On a blazingly sunny Sunday, July 12, 2009, I rode the Caltrain down to Redwood City for its Indian Family Day. Although I didn't consciously realize it when I decided to attend the festival, it really was called Family Day for a reason. Nearly all the booths were for kids. The activities weren't just limited to the traditional bouncy castle; there were also lots of artsy activities, some nintendo wii's, and two stages of kid's entertainment. I mainly watched entertainment at the main (not-kid's) stage. At one point I wandered off to find lunch, as the one food stand sold such sad-looking Indian food that I decided to skip it.

I took one movie at the event.

While in town, I learned Redwood City's town square is a happening place, with events occurring nearly daily: jazz on Monday, dancing (with lessons) on Tuesday, movies on Thursday, music on Friday, and festivals, plays, art shows, more dancing, and other stuff on weekends.

No comments: