London: Sep 7: V&A Museum Part 3

I finally finished seeing the V&A Museum on Monday, September 7, 2009. (I'd visited twice before: first time, second time.) It's still eclectic. I browsed the wing on 20th-century design movements (arts and crafts, exoticism, new design, etc.). These movements were displayed through furniture, kitchenware, electronics, posters, and more (basically anything). Likewise, when I discovered the museum had lots more British galleries that I didn't see in earlier visits, I concluded that it seemed to have everything made in Britain in the 1760s-1900s: a wide assortment of objects. I also browsed this day exhibits on tapestries, embroidery, carpets, and other textiles, and on metalwork.

Some particular exhibits struck me:

  • In one room, I discovered micro-mosaics. (I hadn't previous known about them.) I like them.
  • There was a neat exhibit of old locks and keys from the early days of locksmiths.
  • I liked the interesting small display about how to identify fake antiques.
  • There was a decent exhibit on architecture, with many models.
  • The densely-packed, information-filled room about glass and how glassware and glass art have changed over time was just as incredibly detailed as the jewelry display I saw during my last visit.
I took pictures on my trip.

No comments: