Interesting Articles: June 6th-19th 2006

  • Light Impacts: Hue and timing determine whether rays are beneficial or detrimental (Science News). The main message I take away from this article besides the effects of light use in general is to be conscious of the color of one's computer monitor (e.g., background image). And one can use these ideas to, say, perform better on an overnight scavenger hunt.
  • A Life Between Jobs (New York Times). hmmmm... Vacations are tempting.
  • In Search of a Pan That Lets Cooks Forget About Teflon (New York Times). I usually don't post food and cooking discussions here because I tend to think they only interest me, instead just bookmarking them for myself. But I felt like others might appreciate this article reviewing non-teflon pans.
  • The Way We Eat: Market Value (New York Times). A brief but entertaining history of supply and demand, as it applies to food ingredients.
  • Men Are Better Than Women at Ferreting Out That Angry Face in a Crowd (New York Times). Describes some interesting gender differences in speed of identifying emotions expressed on faces.
  • No comments: