Hong Kong: Mar 21: Departure

Sunday was an uneventful day, a day like one hopes all days one flies will be. I was to meet a friend for an early lunch before heading to the airport. I didn't do anything before lunch, partially because the only remaining things I wanted to see in Hong Kong that were vaguely close to my hotel were closed on Sunday mornings. Instead, I caught up on my sleep.

With baggage in tow, I met my friend and one of his friends for lunch. Finding the place we intended to eat booked solid, we went to another place nearby, ate, then hopped to yet another for dessert. We caught up, talking.

After lunch, I took the train one stop to catch my shuttle bus to Shenzhen airport. The whole process (train, shuttle, customs, etc.) was smooth and efficient, taking much less time than I expected. I wrote this entry using the free wireless at Shenzhen airport, waiting for my flight to Shanghai (which was supposedly on time). In reality, it was delayed about 45 minutes, boarding about 25 minutes late and waiting another 20 to take-off.

I landed in Shanghai Hongqiao airport's newly-opened terminal, and took the newly-extended train into the city. (No more need for the airport bus.) Ah, to start experiencing some of the benefits of expo-related development.

I took only five pictures this day.

No comments: