Capitola

On Saturday, June 5, 2010, Di Yin and I drove down to Capitola, a town next to Santa Cruz / similarly popular surfing destination. I'd never previously spent much time there, but it turns out to be a nice beach town. I must admit it's smaller than Carmel-by-the-Sea, with correspondingly fewer retail shops and restaurants, though it still has enough things so as to be fun to look around.

In addition to strolling around town, we walked along Soquel Creek/River, a pretty walking path between the backs of houses and their little gardens/lawns on the riverfront. Afterwards, we read books on the beach in the sun for while and got badly burned. Incidentally, we got the books from a morning trip to the Mountain View library.

I'll let Di Yin's pictures stand as the visual record for the day. The link goes to the first picture from this trip. When you see a picture of food we cooked for dinner, you're done with the day's pictures and are at some pictures she took some other day.

I grabbed a decent slice of pizza from the first Pizza My Heart location, established 1981. It's a small counter joint with painted tiles and a perpetual line.

Incidentally, I saw many more people with tattoos than I normally see.

No comments: