Singapore: Feb 22: A Workday

I went into my company's Singapore office and made this day, a Monday, a standard workday.

For lunch, we went to Maxwell, the local high-quality hawker centre. I decided to try the rice soup (congee) at Maxwell's famous congee stall.

In the evening, which was a surprisingly nice temperature, we took a bus to Katong for the highly reputed katong laksa, a famous Singaporean soup I hadn't yet tried because I wanted my first try to be an exemplary instance of the dish. We went to a well respected outlet of one of the original vendors: 328 Katong Laksa at 49 East Coast Road (at the intersection with Ceylon Road).

The pictures document and describe my meals.

In the evening, we checked into the Link Hotel, which we thought would be our last hotel in Singapore. (Our flights were booked for the following day.) (We decided not to stay in our previous hotel, the Furama, because the price rose more than 50% for this night, a Monday night.) The Link Hotel is aptly named, as it spans multiple blocks and is on both sides of the street, with buildings connected via elevated pathways, i.e., links. Otherwise, the hotel was basic.

No comments: