Saturday: Visiting Cousins (with Aunt and Uncle)

There is not much I feel like saying about Saturday. I spent the day in Long Island visiting, along with my aunt and uncle, my cousin, her husband, and their two kids (aged two or three-ish). Kids are cool. Or at least kids of my relatives: they always seem so friendly and get comfortable with people very quickly. It's sad adults aren't so easy to quickly form a connection with.

During the day, we spent a while exploring (well, looking at boats and a ferry) in the quaint sea-side (well, strictly sound-side) town of Fort Jefferson. My cousins (well cousin and husband, and not referring to the kids of my cousin which I suppose technically are cousins too) seem personality-wise how I remember them. Just to be clear, I like them. So that is a good thing. They seem healthy and happy. And their kids seems well adjusted and smart. And my aunt and uncle seem quite happy to be grandparents and living so close to their grandkids.

During the trip we took a little drive to see where my parents went to college at SUNY-Stony Brook. It was a really big campus. So big that I wouldn't want to go there without a car. We drove through and it took a while. Quite green with trees. Looked old and dated, like all buildings were from the 60s or 70s. (Vaguely depressing.) I wanted to take a picture to mail my parents -remember this?- but nothing I saw looked distinctive enough to be recognizable. Anyways, I just found out my aunt told my parents we visited there so it wouldn't have been a surprise.

No comments: