Spiderman 2 and Smoothie-Hunting

Wednesday got better when I finally made it to work, got some food in my stomach (even though it was the bad chinese food google had ordered that day), did a drop of work, and headed out to the google sponsored outing of watching Spiderman 2. My summary: "Like Spiderman, a typical summer action flick. Tries to have emotional feel but the whole movie (including romance) is generally too over-the-top for it to succeed. Occasionally seems to make fun of itself (which works) but sadly frequently doesn't." During the outing met an intern here who is currently a Stanford coterm student. That's pretty neat.

At the end of the workday -eating dinner at work-, I really wanted to replenish the vitamins and proteins I lost in my bout of food sickness. Either that, or I was in the mood for a smoothie. And not the pre-made Odwalla ones in the fridge upstairs. Something real. Something fresh. I looked online for smoothie places (a.k.a. juice bars) still open, the only thing I could find was Jamba Juice and that would violate my vow. Sad.

I decided to look as I wandered home (10pm-ish). Lots of delis and a few pizza places open that might've made me something. But I wanted something good. I was basically home, having not found anything, before I realized the solution. Catching a quick train northbound I returned to Gray's Papaya, got a simple hot dog (call it dessert or something) and, more importantly, a banana daiquiri. (Non-alcoholic.) They have that in addition to papaya and it tempted me last time. It fulfilled my smoothie craving.

No comments: