Thursday: Museum of TV and Radio

Today I snuck off from work in mid-afternoon (and, yes, returned later) to visit the Museum of Television and Radio. Yet another $8 dollar museum. It's a neat place: not a museum in the typical sense -they only have one exhibit- but really lots of screening rooms, listening rooms, and a library. At all these places, they provide showings of anthologies, historical tv shows, radio broadcasts, television advertisements, and more.

One of the special exhibits (June-December) was on superheroes, especially appropriate for the upcoming Game. I watched a showing of The Avengers and The Green Hornet (though I don't consider them superheroes) and saw an exhibit about superheroes in comics. Sadly, I'd already seen The Avengers episode they were showing; I used to watch my dad's old recordings of them when I was a kid. Later superhero exhibits included one called Girl Power including Buffy (whom I do consider a superhero :). Oh, and I also watched a really interesting documentary on presidential political advertisements, from 1952 to 2004. If you happen to be in the city (NYC) or in LA (I think they have a museum there too), I'd recommend dropping by.

Been feeling queasy all day. *sigh*

No comments: