Thursday: The Spanish Center

These pictures go with this entry.

Thursday was devoted to work. After all, Tuesday was a vacation, Wednesday was a day full of meetings, and Friday would be for traveling back to the west coast. Thus, the only exciting event of the day was after work but before packing: dinner!

After spending quite a while to decide on the appropriate place to eat for my last meal in the city, I was on my way to the spanish community center. Apparently, there was a small restaurant in the basement that served some of the best paella in the city. This time I was smart and got good directions, as it was almost as obscure and hard to find as the Burger Joint.

The waitresses kept trying to speak spanish to me, telling me that I looked like a spaniard. Interesting... (Especially as I think spanish might be one of the european countries from which I have the least blood.)

The paella was good, with a motley assortment of shrimp, mussells, beef, chicken, and pork. But I wasn't there for the protein; I was there for the rice. And though it looked small, probably only covering the bottom centimeter of the pan, it, along with some good gazpacho, filled me up. And with this energy, I packed. Well, that, and watched the simpsons.

No comments: