Wednesday: Divane & Cafe Lalo

These pictures go with this entry.

Wednesday I let Donald explore on his own and simply met him in the evening to show him times square at night and to grab some food. For food, we ended at a Turkish inspired well-reviewed restaurant called Divane. I had their trademark dish, a large plate filled with kebabs, pita croutons, with tomato chunks in a tangy tomato garlic yogurt sauce. It was rightly recognized as their trademark dish -- I think it was one of the best meals I've had in the city. (Well, I suppose it may not be a trademark if all their other dishes are as good, but I doubt that.)

Again we tried to go the Empire State Building but didn't make it in time for the last elevator.

Instead, we (er, well, I) decided we should go Cafe Lalo, the amazing dessert place on the upper west side that in a previous post I promised to revisit before I left. Well, with less than 48 hours left in New York, I did! Still a nice European-feel cafe/bakery with a tremendous menu. Any dessert you could imagine. Donald and I split a Chocolate Strawberry Banana Cake (I think -- the order of those words may be wrong) and a Almond-something cheesecake. Both quite tasty. And I also had a blackberry wine (under the premise that I didn't know when the next time I'd have the opportunity would be). The blackberry wine was quite sweet, like a port or a honey wine, but with a hint of the tanginess that blackberries have. Pretty cool.

Oh, and this time I took the opportunity to take some pictures of this great place!

No comments: