Hong Kong: Sunday: Departure

While I did spend some of Sunday in Hong Kong, it was effectively a non-existent day from the perspective of exploring the city because Di Yin spent the morning sleeping, recovering from jetlag. Later, led by the family friend who owns the apartment where we were staying, we left the apartment (in the Western district) around 11:30am and walked a block to a Cantonese place in a nearby mall for lunch. It was a typical enormous, bustling Cantonese restaurant.

Incidentally, I was lucky I did my exploring on the previous two days -- this day it rained, sometimes strongly.

After lunch, we headed straight to arrange a shuttle to the Shenzhen airport. Passing through HK and Chinese customs, we made it to the airport easily in time for our plane, only to learn it was delayed two or so hours. (It hadn't yet left Shanghai!) We killed time by wandering the airport and by eating dinner (which we did shortly before boarding the flight).

On the way to board the flight, I noticed Shenzhen airport has a couple of holographic TV screens--screens that seemed to present things (mostly commercials) with depth. Neat!

The airplane was comfortable (though again the food on it was bad). Di Yin and I sat at one end of the middle row of 4. The plane was in a 2-4-2 arrangement that had two armrests side by side in between the middle seats in the middle row, thus insuring that everyone not at a window or on an aisle had at least one place to put his or her elbows. Smart. (Incidentally, I didn't actually need the extra armrest because the other middle seat next to me was empty.)

I took some scattered pictures today, mostly of my meals.

No comments: