Hong Kong: Thursday: Arrival

I chose the longer but less expensive way to get to Hong Kong. It turned out to be even longer than I expected yet also easier than I expected. The only hitch happened early on the journey when, upon arriving at Shanghai's airport, I learned my plane was delayed. I ended up leaving two hours late.

From Shanghai, I flew to Shenzhen, a city in Guangzhou just across the border from Hong Kong. I took a shuttle bus to Hong Kong. Finding the shuttle was as easy as I could've hoped. The ride to Hong Kong is a bit over an hour, made slightly longer by a stop in the middle to pass through customs (which was also a cinch).

Incidentally, the temperature was in the mid-60s when I landed, and it would remain so for my entire trip.

My bus stopped at only a couple places in Hong Kong, but one happened to be about a ten minute walk from my hotel, the Stanford Hillview. It was a pleasant night and a nice walk.

The hotel was out of rooms of the type I reserved so they upgraded me to a suite, complete with a living room and two bedrooms. That meant, however, that I had to switch rooms the following day.

I took movies and pictures to document aspects of the journey.

No comments: